Friday, February 2, 2018

So Alone . . .

And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.” So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” (EXODUS 3:1-4)
Alone . . . Abandoned . . . Isolated . . . Wind whistling . . . Cold . . . Barren . . . Dark . . . Dry . . . Weak . . . Thirsty . . . Hungry . . . Fearful?

Listen . . . This is when God will call us by name if we will just focus. Whether we are all alone or among hundreds, we can feel alone and isolated. This is when we need God. We need to know He is there and He cares! He is and He does!!!

Things may seem tangled and the roads ahead and behind may seem blocked. Yet in these times we realize that God has a roadmap that leads to Him. We must allow Him to take the wheel and navigate . . . or re-navigate what we have mangled.

Allow God to bring you to a place of isolation at times. It may seem scary at first, but like with Moses and many others, it will become reassuring to know He is with us when everyone seems distant.

Here I am Lord . . . I am listening! Speak to me  . . . Show me . . . Strengthen me. . . Send me!

 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...