Monday, February 5, 2018

Fly Eagles Fly!

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
Is one thing to wait upon God. He will come through! However, when He does come through, what is our reaction?

I spent last night watching the Super Bowl and although a Ravens fan, I was pulling for the Eagles for two reasons: I do NOT like the Patriots and I was excited about the post game interviews.

I prayed that God would use His people to glorify Himself. Some think God doesn't  care one way or another about football. Well, maybe not wins or losses (we know He would rather have the Ravens win since it's His favorite team), but He cares about His people and His glory!

I told my students that I just knew who would get MVP and who would honor Him. I was even more excited when the head coach (Doug Pederson) and Nick Foles (MVP) first gave honor and glory to their LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. It's one thing to say we are CHRISTians, but in the excitement of the moment, it's easy to forget. They did not! They struggled. They went through trials. God lifted them and they remembered!

Thank You Lord for an exciting game. Thank You Lord for showing Your glory through Your people! May we all remember You when we get the opportunity to speak!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...