Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Living in His Image

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)
Why would God want to a part of this world? Well, He did create it. He does love His creation. He wants us to experience Him as He first intended. So besides the fact that He had to do so to become our perfect and eternal sacrifice, I believe that He also did it (and remained for over thirty years) in order for us to experience His "image" in action!

Think of it . . . as Jesus lived His life as an obedient child, a respectful teen, and a young adult male, He resisted the temptations of life and lived a selfless, sacrificial and God-honoring life. Not just to the cross, but I am sure His close friends saw His interactions with His mother, father, friends and yes, even the females! They saw how it took prayer, faith, and hard decisions to please God the Father. They saw the physical image of God in Christ and could imitate that for themselves. What a privilege! All leading up to the ultimate obedience and sacrifice . . . THE CROSS!

Lord, help me to live a life that reflects the image of God living within me. Help me to commit to sacrifice my desires for those of others and You!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...