Friday, January 26, 2018

Getting Out of His Way

You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, ‘I am not the Christ,’ but, ‘I have been sent before Him.’ He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:28-30)
Many today are all caught up in "my" church, "my" ministry, "my" pastor . . . MY . . . .MY . . . MY indeed! While many people and many churches and many other CHRISTian groups are doing many great and wonderful things, it is never about "us" but rather Him Who has saved us to do the good works (Ephesians 2:10).

Like John the Baptist, we need to realize why we were sent (to make disciples) and by Whom. When our task is completed, we are to step out of the way and move on. The attention is on the One Who died for us, the One Who saves us, and  the One Who will redeem us at the Judgement!

Lord, like John, help me to decrease and You increase!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...