Thursday, December 14, 2017

Twelve Days or Twelve Months?

Ahhh . . . the Twelve Days of CHRISTmas; widely celebrated from December 25-January 6. While we know the "three wise men" took over a year or two to reach the baby Jesus, now a small child (Matthew 2:16) between birth and two years old, traditional churches still celebrate these "twelve days". Still looking for that "partridge in a pear tree" by the way, but I digress!

However one celebrates the HOLYday Season, I, for one want to try this year to keep CHRIST in CHRISTmas for twelve months! I wonder how drastically my life would be changed and perhaps the life of others? What if I focused on the King of kings all year, every month, each day? What if I shared His love daily and offered Him myself every day? What if everyday I focused on giving and not getting?

Ok, I am officially challenged! What about you? Let's echo Mary's words . . .
                   And Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord,And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name. (Luke 1:46-49)



No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...