Friday, December 15, 2017

Not Now . . . No Room . . . No Time

I just can't find the room. I can't fit it in to my schedule. I don't have time for it.  There are just no "extras" at this time. No time, no space, no money . . .I am simply too busy!   Well, maybe I can find just a little time . . . a few minutes . . . an extra space . . .  a couple of dollars . . .  as long as it doesn't make me feel too uncomfortable or make me change my too plans too much.

Have you used any of these excuses for people in need lately? I believe we all have if not simply in our thought process. I know I am guilty of being a bit too selfish, at least at first glance until the Holy Spirit (or my wife) convicts me otherwise! 😔

So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. (Luke 2:6-7)
We often think of the innkeeper as an evil old man with no heart for anyone, much less a poor, cold, helpless couple and a soon to be born baby. But as I examine my life, I see it in perspective. At least he was honest. He didn't fake it. Maybe he went out of his way to set Mary and Joseph up in the "stable" and did all he could. After all, he couldn't put the other guests out!

Do I do all I can for Christ and others? Can I do better than the innkeeper? Would I give up my own "room" or safe place and stay "outside of my comfort zone"?  After all, I know a bit more of the story than the innkeeper did at the time. Do I see a couple in need, or a baby crying for help or a teen desperately seeking a safe place to hang out or talk?

Rather, do I say to myself; " There is NO ROOM for that in my life right now!"


No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...