Thursday, November 30, 2017

Not Clones, but Disciples!

Paul,had a struggle with sin, as we all do...at least I do! Yet he did not simply give in. He constantly prayed and admitted his struggles. This is a sign of spiritual maturity!
I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.(Romans 7:21-25)
It takes a lot of work to raise a new born baby into a prepared young adult. As a father, grandfather, teen coach and teacher, I have seen all sorts of tries, failures, restarts, and successes. It is no different for our spiritual lives as well. There are far too few "mature" CHRISTIans in my opinion today. At the very least, there should be far more! Many of us still struggle with the "baby steps" of the CHRISTian walk rather than the things of a mature adult. We must do more than pray a prayer to become a committed CHRIST-follower. It takes more than having others tell us how to behave or listening to someone else's testimony. We must prepare our own food, dress ourselves, and move out of the safety of someone else's house! In other words, we must OWN our personal relationship with our Lord and Savior and not simply mimic someone else. We are no CLONES, but DISCIPLES!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...