Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Living for Jesus in Our Microwave World

It's simple when God gives us a direct "yes" or "no" isn't it? While we may not like His answer (and sometimes we even are bold enough to disagree) at least we know! But what about when God says "wait" or "not quite yet"? What if He says "hold on, my grace will be sufficient enough right now". (2 Corinthians 12:9) Waiting is indeed difficult, especially in today's "microwave world". When we have the means to obtain what God has told us to wait for . . . that's challenging! When we see others prosper and we struggle . . . that's challenging. When others seem to flaunt it in our faces, even though innocently and unknowingly, man . . . that's a challenge! Yet David's words ring so,true:
Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies. Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, and such as breathe out violence. I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! (Psalm 27:11-14)
Remember, people are watching. They want to see faith in action and they need to see faith in action. You or I just may be the one to give others the courage to wait upon the Lord!
For a long time Israel has been without the true God, without a teaching priest, and without law; but when in their trouble they turned to the Lord God of Israel, and sought Him, He was found by them. And in those times there was no peace to the one who went out, nor to the one who came in, but great turmoil was on all the inhabitants of the lands. So nation was destroyed by nation, and city by city, for God troubled them with every adversity. But you, be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded!” (2 Chronicles 15:3-7)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do soooooooo many nice things that people don't notice, and then my friends do something nice, and everyone notices it and everyone's talking about it. It's sometimes soooooooo hard to stop myself from shouting, "Hey! Look at this! Look what I did!"
It's hard when no one sees you, and it hurts, but it's OK, your time is coming.

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...