Monday, November 13, 2017

It's Me, not God!

We quickly forget the good ness of God. One day we can be basking in the goodness of God and. . . . . BAM 💥 . . . we are knocked for a loop and we cry out "My God, why have you forsaken me?"(Matthew 27:46) What happens to us and our faith? Is it in God or the situation? Satan loves to quickly divert our attention to our situation and away from God. We need to remain focused upon the cross. Even Jesus turned to the scriptures to remain focused as He breathed his final breaths. He quoted David in His most trying time upon the earth. As He took our sin, He felt the separation from God. In our case, we CHOOSE sin and separate ourselves from God's protection. We too, however, can learn from the one after God's own heart . . .
But You, O Lord, do not be far from Me; O My Strength, hasten to help Me! Deliver Me from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dog. Save Me from the lion’s mouth and from the horns of the wild oxen! You have answered Me. (Psalm 22:19-21)
In the very Psalm whereby David felt abandoned, he quickly refocused and knew God would be with him. May you and I be so quick to recognize it is we who abandon God and not the other way around. (Romans 5:8)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God gives you strength and is always with do not let Satan take you away

I saw God!

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord Himself, is my strength and my defense; He has become my salv...