Monday, October 23, 2017

Don't Keep Jesus for Yourself!

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.(John 14:12-14)
Wait a minute . . . greater works than Jesus? Huh? How can that be? Jesus did some miraculous things as He was engaging people on this earth. Yet He was on this earth for a short time. It was a small world as well. We now have both the Old and New Testament as background. We have eyewitness testimonies throughout of the goodness of God. Yet we also have our very own testimony and a vast world of which to influence! With travel the way it is today and access to the entire world via social media, we can reach more people in one hour than Jesus could meet in his entire lifetime here on earth. With the aid of His Holy Spirit living inside, we have the ability to impact millions for His sake. Our very testimony of what and Who Christ is can give freedom to those imprisoned by sin and offer a home to the lost and orphaned. What are we doing with Jesus today? Don't keep Him to yourself!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...