Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Invisible Influence

The biggest and most important things we do in life are never seen . . . at least not immediately. The stories folks tell, values learned, sweat and tears spent, long agonizing hours without sleep, unspoken pain and heartaches, memories of giggles and smiles, and yes, even the family squabbles, go on much longer than bank accounts and trust funds. Its the "Invisible Influence" of time spent with one another. In these times God has touched lives as well. How are we communicating "values" to the next generation?
Give ear, O my people, to my law; Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old, Which we have heard and known, And our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, Telling to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, And His strength and His wonderful works that He has done.(Psalm 78:1-4)
Take time to spend time with the young people. They will be gone far too soon. Young people, cherish that time and seek that time. Don't run off with your friends so quickly! Keep God at the center. Its the little things every day that make memories, not so much the planned activities. Allow the "Invisible Influence" to take hold.

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...