Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Justice . . . Mercy . . .Humility

With what shall I come before the Lord, And bow myself before the High God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, With calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, Ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?(Micah 6:6-8)
In the times of trouble, not simply in the U.S. but all around the world, the Body of Christ needs to be the Body of Christ! What is required of us? Not simply to give from our extras . . . not to donate a few dollars, but to SACRIFICE ourselves! God doesn't desire the "offerings" that we grudgingly give. He wants US to be like HIM! The world is crying out. In fact, the earth is crying out! Will we do JUSTLY . . . love MERCY . . . and walk HUMBLY before our God and others?

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...