Friday, September 1, 2017

I AM Is and I AM NOT!

But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?” So He said, “I will certainly be with you. And this shall be a sign to you that I have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.” Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” (Exodus 3:11-14)
Have you ever argued with God? Ever debated whether or not HE was right in His plans for you? Well, who knows better than God? Sometimes we need to tell ourselves, "Self, God said I could do it! I AM Said it, so I can do it!" I AM is God and I am NOT! God chooses whom and where and when . . . because HE IS GOD! It is not because you or I are any better than anyone else. It is simply because God chose us and chose to equip us to accomplish His will. He could do it all by Himself, yet He chose to allow us to participate. Why would we say "No" to the King?
Why?
Because . . .I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.(Philippians 4:13) I. . . we . . .can and will do it!

1 comment:

Lydia Liu said...

Don't be scared of the storm, your lifeguard walks on water.

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...