Thursday, September 14, 2017

Care to LISTEN!

Sometimes people simply need us to "be there". We do not have to have any special talents or skills or be able to say any fancy words. We simply need to be in their presence and to share that we care and that they matter. Kids need to know this especially, but we adults also have a need to know this as well. Listen to David's words as he is troubled by his enemies and simply needs to know that someone cares to listen . . . that God cares:
Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me; For I am poor and needy. Preserve my life, for I am holy; You are my God; Save Your servant who trusts in You! Be merciful to me, O Lord, For I cry to You all day long. Rejoice the soul of Your servant, For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You. (Psalm 86:1-5)
Listen to someone today. No one, especially our youth, are so impressed with what we know as they are with how much we show we care!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's better to listen than to talk.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, God is the only One who cares. Sometimes God is the only One you can talk to. Sometimes, God is the only One who LISTENS!

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...