Thursday, August 17, 2017

U. N. I . T. Y. ???????

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Ephesians 4:1-6)
One thing we as a Body need to reflect to this dark and daily worsening society in which we live is UNITY. U. N. I. T. Y. If we indeed are CHRIST followers and ONE as Paul describes above, than why do we hear and see so much DIS-unity from believers? What are we being taught? What and Whom/whom are we following? Walk in lowliness. Be gentle of Spirit. Show patience and self-control. Allow grace to reign in our hearts and actions. Be slow to become angry and bitter. Do not the sun go down on our anger. Seek reconciliation quickly. Bear with one another. Remember Who our Father is and honor Him! After all, there is only One Lord and Savior to Whom we are called and accountable!!! These are not simply suggestions family . . . these are things we are COMMANDED to do as disciples of Jesus Christ. As I close out the summer as far as jobs are concerned and go back to the classroom and coaching (disciple) clinics, my prayer is that I for starters can live a life so worthy of God that others will question their beliefs. I also pray that we the Body can become more unified under God's principles and pull away from the Prince of this world and his schemes to divide us!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...