Monday, July 31, 2017

You Cannot Trust Just Anybody!

My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.(Psalm 62:5-6)
David shares with us his faith. This is not simply a faith of a resurrected life with Christ in eternity, but an encouraging faith for each day and the challenges it presents. David is being threatened by Saul's family for the throne. David realizes it is God and God alone whom he can place his trust. What if we fully lived out this verse? How would our lives be different? Many of us place out trust in people, jobs, titles, or bank accounts. All these are capable of failing us in one way or another. Yet God will never fail us! My salvation . . . my honor and dignity . . . my very breath rest in God alone. Nothing + Nothing + Christ = EVERYTHING I will ever need!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...