Friday, July 7, 2017

Struggling through . . . .

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. (Psalm 139:13-16)
These past few days have been a challenge for me physically and spiritually. I am always telling folks to trust in God and to not fret about things. He is still on the throne and He is still in control. These words were tested for sure these past few days. After preparing for a Fourth of July celebration and then spending the day in the sun and behind the grill, I was slammed with a severe bout of heat exhaustion but it hit me in the middle of the night . . . dizziness, nausea, and a lot of doubt and yes, fear! When your world is spinning and your body is in reverse . . . it is troublesome indeed. It has taken two days to get back on my feet but still not normal. Yeah I am reminded that God made me, He knows my inner workings, and He will heal me. Of course I have had the heavy doses of water, Gatorade, and TLC from my wife. Yet is still up to God to get the inner workings back to normal! I will praise Him, because He has made me and still knows me!

No comments:

Your will, not mine God . . . true freedom

. . .whoever commits sin is a slave of sin . And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever . Therefore if the ...