Thursday, July 13, 2017

Standing with God, not Man

But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. Also I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen! (2 Timothy 4:17-18)
As we enter our twentieth year on ministry to families and children within the community, I can recall numerous times when we felt alone, abandoned, misrepresented, isolated, under-qualified, rejected, even falsely accused and considering throwing in the towel. But for God . . . He has stood by my wife and me. He has provided when no one else could do so. He has called and qualified us both to serve. He has built us up and taken us through and over both valleys and mountains. He has reminded us over and over again, "Just as I was with Moses, I will be with you." (Joshua 1:5-9) Even when the Body doesn't understand, know you are called. When friends or family reject you and the work God called you to do, know it is God Who called you, not man! Stay focused upon the needs of others, not personal feelings and needs. As we have heard over and over again, "What God has for me is for me, not everyone else." To God be the glory . . . GREAT things He has done . . . and WILL do!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...