Monday, July 10, 2017

God's Promises; My Responsibilities

I made haste, and did not delay To keep Your commandments.(Psalm 119:60)
As the psalmist meditates on the excellence of God's Word, I too can think back to my many times of disobedience and how it hampered God . . . not from being God but by keeping His best from me! God is full of mercy and slow to anger, yet my disobedience . . . your disobedience . . . can cause the Lord to hold back the things He wants to bless us with or to even use us for His glory. We all know the saying, "God can't bless a mess!" I stand upon His promises this day. I am indeed fearfully and wonderfully made! He does have a plan for me to succeed and not fail. He does promise life and life more abundantly. His blood still heals and forgives and through His Spirit I know have everlasting life in Him and with Him! But all these promises are on God's terms and not mine! Listen to David's pleas before God:
Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin. (Psalm 51:1-2)

No comments:

Your will, not mine God . . . true freedom

. . .whoever commits sin is a slave of sin . And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever . Therefore if the ...