Friday, June 2, 2017

This Faith . . .

For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. (Luke 6:43-45)
There IS a difference between those of the world and those of God. I know the lines are rather blurred in today's culture, but according to the Words of Jesus, there IS a difference. We are to be a called out people.(1 Peter 2:9) We are to be known by our actions(James 2:14-26), which reflect our faith in God. What we believe is what we live! I have heard it said that our faith as Christ-followers should cause others to question what or in whom they believe. Our faith should "walk" with us and show forth through us. Our faith and confidence come from knowing that though the challenges in this world may not go away, the Savior we trust in will always walk with us and help us through . . . and that eventually this world and its challenges will be gone. However, we will always be in the caring presence of Jesus Christ. Read here from John 10.
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.” (John 10:25-30)
So we walk in confidence knowing God is with us. We trust His promises. We seek His presence. We anticipate eternity with Him. This faith works and this faith walks! No matter the challenges, this faith, your faith and my faith in this Savior, causes others to doubt their beliefs!

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...