Friday, June 30, 2017

THE Truth

“The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings. (Jeremiah 17:9-10)
Pilate asked Jesus, "What is truth?"(John 18:38) Many today are searching for truth in many things. Many are living a lie. Others are believing lies. Many realize the truth yet refuse to live by it. Some live by half-truths and little "harmless" lies. There are even those making up lies and false accusations that in the process destroy character and careers, just as long as they are successful. I asked myself this morning: "Am I living solely by God's Word or am I allowing other things to creep in to my life? Am I keeping my guard up when it comes to the world? Am I buying into gossip, rumors, and the like or am I trusting the truth to prevail and allowing God to have His perfect way? Will I not be anxious about anything and in prayer and supplication asked of God and let it rest with Him? (Philippians 4:6)
Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32)
Let's be free of all the mess! Let's place our trust in THE TRUTH today!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...