Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Planted!

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.(John 15:5)
No matter how many times I read this verse or teach it (it's a big verse in the seventh grade curriculum in my classes,with some project work and hands-on application), I never stop feeling so in need of Christ. This time of year as the vegetable garden is progressing and yes, our grape vine is budding, I fully understand the need for connection. Connection is needed for nourishment, for strength, for producing fruit, and for basic survival. Just snap off a branch or a leaf or two and watch it shrivel and die very quickly. Don't water for a few days . . . don't weed the area . . . don't prune properly. Like the fruits, vegetables and flowers in our yards, even the grasses, we too need to stay connected to the vine in order to flourish as a believer. We need a little weeding out now and then. We need the watering of the Word and the discipline of His Spirit. We need the closeness, or fellowship of like "plants" to grow together as a bed of fruit bearing plants! Stay connected . . . get reconnected. Though at times we may desire to be isolated and left alone, we can never live apart from God, His Word, or His people!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...