Monday, June 26, 2017

God Hears . . .and Answers!

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit. (Psalm 34:17-18)
If I can relate to anyone in the Bible, it is definitely David. No one knew the Lord like him yet no one, in my opinion, felt as badly about his sin (well, maybe Peter). What I can really relate to however is how David can seek God many times in the middle of his sin! He does not do arrogantly however, but humbly pleading for mercy and even for his life (Psalm 51). He admits his sin. David is specicic with God. As respected and powerful a man David was, he realized he was nothing before an all-powerful and all-knowing God! He knows it is really between him and God alone.
Yet God hears . . . and answers!
God is not a magic genie or spiritual Santa. He is Holy . . . Righteous . . . Pure . . . Powerful . . . Loving . . . Longsuffering. . . Jealous . . . Forgiving . . . all these things and more. And I am NOT! May we all have a broken and contrite spirit with God and seek His mercy this day and every day we are granted.

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...