Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Facing Challenges With God

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. (Psalm 46:10)
This verse has come to mind quite often in the past week. As we were in the process of doing some needed and planned repairs and updates around the home, of course the unexpected happened! We have opened our home up to a single parent family. As we adjusted to that, the car needed over $1000 in emission repairs. To top it off, our main house water pipe began "banging" in the middle of the night for no reason . . . We have learned to expect the unexpected on a routine lately! Yet through it all, God has provided a way throug these challenges. I thank God for Godly and talented friends who have skills and knowledge. I thank God for a wife who faces challenges with me. I thank God for providing the time, resources, and energy (and courage) to attempt the repairs. On the ladder, with a saw, with a drill, with a paint brush, at the repair shop, on my knees . . .He is STILL God. I can never forget that!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...