Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Don't they know me better than that?

For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach,because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. (1 Timothy 4:10)
So many times this year I have been blind-sided by a comment, a question, or some other version of mistrust or misconception. It has come from all angles; work, family, friends, enemies and frenimies! One would think I would learn to expect the enemy to attack, but his angle is always rather unexpected! Don't they "know" me better than that? Do they not realize I would never say that or do that? How long have they known me to realize that rumor is just ridiculous? They do know that I do not condone that sort of activity, right? As they say on ESPN, "C'mon man!!!" However, I must say that while the ridiculous assumptions and rumor mills may be unexpected, they do draw me closer to my Savior in the end. Perhaps that is His reason for allowing it. I simply need a closer walk with Him and less reliance upon the people, things, and whatever else this world offers. Can you say this with me today?. . . .
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.(Psalm 18:2)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...