Friday, May 12, 2017

We all must grow up at some point!

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.(1 Corinthians 13:11-13)
We all MUST grow up at some point! It cannot start at adulthood and it cannot stop there either. "Maturing" is an ongoing process that we all MUST matriculate through each day, each week, each month, each year and each phase of life. Things that were important to me when I was a teen, like winning games, awards, and popularity . . . no longer matter. Now it is more of what kind of carbon and spiritual imprint I will leave behind: Am "I" getting it and are "they" getting it? Spiritual maturity takes a lot of sacrifice, determination, and time. It does not come simply by living through many years of life on earth. While experience counts, application of God's Word and the discipline of it takes an enormous effort on the part of the believer. Though we will never achieve perfection, it is a worthy and rewarding goal to pursue. C'mon folks, let's GROW UP . . . together!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...