Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Continuing to Embrace the Cross

23 But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. 24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. 25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. (John 12:23-26)
Dr. Charles Stanley says "The trip to the cross is not one you take with family and friends. It's a lonely journey with just you and Jesus. He strips away everyone and everything you've depended on so that you'll learn to rely only on Him. While we're at the cross, He uncovers layer after layer of self-deception until we begin to see ourselves as He does. Soon our self-centeredness, inadequacy, and failures are laid bare. The cross is a place of brokenness, but it's necessary because there's no other way we'll ever bear fruit." I hear so much today about educational plans, career planning, retirement planning, financial prosperity, investments, stewardship, and the like . . . and it all may be good, don't get me wrong. However, I believe we are losing track of the basics of our CHRISTianity . . . THE CROSS and our SAVIOR. The only way we can truly understand the relationship required between the Savior and the sinner is to embrace the CROSS. We need to be broken from "me" and "we" and begin to see "Thee" O God and what You have done for each of us. Then, and ONLY then, will we truly be able to experience real brokenness and real success as a Christ-follower.

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...