Thursday, March 30, 2017

Finishing well

And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. (Acts 20:22-24)
Many times we will go places where we know there will be trouble. There will be challenges. We will face battles. Yet like with Paul, we must go! We must complete the task before us. God has made each one of us unique to carry out unique tasks in life. Seek His will and then boldly carry it out. Everyone will not understand at times, but knowing we are doing what God has required will be the only assurance we will need. Finishing well is important. It is critical in our relationship with the Lord. We are here, after all, for God's glory and His will, not for ourselves!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...