Thursday, February 2, 2017

Embrace the Race

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
I often wonder how Paul did it. First of all, how did he handle the confrontation with Jesus Himself? Could you imagine Christ stopping you in the middle of your daily routine and asking you a question like, "Why are you persecuting Me?" Then Paul goes on to live a life solely focused upon the conversion of souls to Christ! Just like that, he decides to accept the challenge and allow Christ to transform his life! But is was NOT easy! Paul was not trusted by his new found Christ following friends and hated by his former Jewish comrades. He was chased down, beaten, arrested, left for dead, and when he asked the Lord for a bit of relief, the response was, "My GRACE is sufficient." So Paul "embraced the race" and ran it with endurance, all the way to the finish. GRACE . . .umerited favor . . .receiving what we do not deserve. We who follow Christ have received that same grace. We have been forgiven by a holy God when we deserve eternal death. We have received an opportunity for an eternal relationship with the Creator of this entire world, the One holding the world in His hands, yet what are we doing with it? Are we embracing Him and the life He offers? Like Paul, do we embrace the challenges of the CHRISTian life knowing it is CHRIST living in and through us, or do we grumble and complain? Do we run FROM what He has for us, or run TO Him? When we are weak in our walk with Jesus, His Spirit becomes stronger and takes lead. Allow the Holy Spirit to take over and receive His power day after day. Embrace the race of CHRISTian living!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...