Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Eternal Hope in Christ

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefined and that does NOT fade away, reserved in heaven for you . . . (1 Peter 1:3-4)
Thank God that Jesus gives fresh starts! No matter where we have been or how badly we may have failed, Jesus is waiting with open arms to reassure His children, "It's ok . . .I am here for you!" Whether it's the first time of asking Jesus to forgive our sins or the umpteenth time, He is there ready and waiting to offer grace and an fresh start. This is so reassuring for me because I blow it so often! It's not that I do not want to honor Christ and do all He has for me to do. It's just that I fail so often. Yet He gives me hope in His promises. (1 John 1:9) His promise of forgiveness and new life encourages me to move past my failures and to strive even harder to please Him by serving others. Each night I must admit I am somewhat disappointed that I did not do more for Jesus. Yet He encourages me . . .there is tomorrow . . . there is today . . there is eternity!!! Live today like it is the LAST day of our lives here on this side of heaven. If we blow it, then there is tomorrow! Be encouraged . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus is our comfort!! I really have to do what God wants me to do more.

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...