Friday, December 9, 2016

What is Our Response?

My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; for behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. For He Who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. . . (Luke 1:46-49)
Mary responded to the news of the angel Gabriel with humbled praise for God. Even after a few questions, her response was one of graciousness and obedience. Her questions were inquisitive and not disrespectful or in any way negative. She was honored to serve and willing to tell everyone of the favor she had found with God, but by no means of her own! What can we learn from this? How do we respond when God allows us favor? Do we respond in a humble fashion or believe that we deserve the favor? Do we feel a desire to serve the Lord even more or sit back and bask in our good fortune? We can learn a lot from the humble young lady from Nazareth, who was believed to have been dedicated to the Lord from birth. She remained committed to the Lord throughout her life. She accepted the call of God and dutifully carried it out. What an encouragement for our young people today! As parents we should keep them focused, . . .keep them learning . . .keep them encouraged. God indeed has a plan for our youth. Would to God they remain in Him and become used by Him as well!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...