Monday, December 26, 2016

Continual giving . . .

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the Church and gave Himself for her . . .(Ephesians 5:25)
Ok . . .CHRISTmas is over. The gift giving is completed for the most part. Now is time to kick back, enjoy a game or two, perhaps go away for a few days if you are able, even see a few movies. But while life takes a break so to say, the CHRISTian life should never take a break. Especially as husbands and fathers, we are always on the job. Many times I blow it as a husband and dad. I get selfish . . .not purposefully . . . but I just think of myself a bit too much at times. Paul instructs us here to sacrifice ourselves for our bride just as CHRIST did. My life should be for her. I need to protect her, "wash" her daily spiritually, do my best to keep her holy, respected, admired, and secure. This is my role and purpose as I serve God. This is my PRIMARY role. No ministry is more important than my marriage. So I plan on taking this seriously this year. I want my bride to expect me to be there. She should expect me to understand her. She should expect me to defend her. I want to study her and know her as I do my job and the skills I need there. If a job can offer professional development, than my wife should expect me to find ways to develop as a husband! I do not want to become stale and outdated. I do not want to become predictable. So this is my task in the coming year . . .to be a living sacrifice for my wife as well as my Savior! What about you?

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...