Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thank You!

In EVERYTHING give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you! (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
I know we all go through some tough times now and then. At times it seems like one thing after another. But we have a LOT to be thankful for while we are here. Many times I sit down and make a list of all God has provided me; it causes me to get the focus off of me and place it on God and others. You know what? It makes me feel better! So I sit here less than 24 hours after shoulder surgery and I choose to thank God for: *Life and life in Him to be particular; *My wife, children and grandchildren, and extended family who love me in spite of me; *Mom and dad who did their best; *A church and pastor who hold God's Word as eternal Truth and hold me to it; *A job where people value me as a person and genuinely care; *An education that allows me to work where I can use my gifts and see the daily impact upon young people; *Students and families who are open to the things of God and not afraid to try the things they learn; *Doctors who care about me as a person; *A home,food,two vehicles, and income which allows us to care for our needs; *A mind that allows me to function clearly; *Anyone reading this, and the hope that you too know my God and Savior, Jesus Christ!
I challenge you....make YOUR list......

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...