Wednesday, October 19, 2016

God WILL!

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You WILL revive me; You WILL stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand WILL save me. The Lord WILL perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands. (Psalm 137: 7-8)
David believed the promises of God. . . . now will you and I trust Him? Throughout the two verses above, David repeatedly reminds himself what the Lord will do. We many times need to have some certain promises from God's Word that will secure us in challenging times. The truths of the Bible are our strongest security when the storms of life attack. Self-reliance or advice from others will never equal the help God's Word offers us. I cannot be so worried about all that is around me that I lose track of what God wants for me. In actuality, that is really all I can control; to allow God His way with me! I cannot convince others to accept Christ, to understand His ways, or even to respect Him. At the same time, I cannot listen to all the advice everyone else seems to have for me. I can only be responsible for me in the end! As the world turns day by day, I am still responsible to God.
God WILL have His way with me if I just let Him ... The rest is also up to Him!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...