Monday, October 3, 2016

God is . . .

. . .I pray before you now, day and night, for the children of Israel Your servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel which we have sinned against You. Both my father's house and I have sinned. We have acted corruptly against You, and have not kept the commandments, the statutes, nor the ordinances which You commanded Your servant Moses, saying, "If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations, but if you return to Me, and keep My commandments, and do them, though some of you were cast out to the farthest parts of the heavens, yet I will gather them from there, and bring them to a place which I have chosen as a dwelling for My name." (Nehemiah 1: 6-9)
Nehemiah respected the awesome holiness of God, so he approached Him with confession. He admitted not only his sin, but his father's and Israel's as well. We cannot hide or continue to enjoy our sin and expect the Lord to hear and answer our prayers. Purity of heart and the power of God are linked. We need the sensitivity to instantly recognize when we've strayed, and the willingness to deal with sin immediately. We must approach God with a sinful, needy, without hope attitude, because that is what we are without Him . . . a holy, perfect, all-knowing and all-powerful God. We all fall short and we must humble ourselves before Him in order to receive His grace and mercy . . . He alone is GOD and we are NOT!!!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...