Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Protect This House!

Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. (Colossians 3:16
Paul reminds us in this writing that if we are in Christ, that is if we are truly a follower of Christ, than we are to live like it! It makes sense to me. If I am playing on a team, I will wear the jersey of my team, not the other team! If I go to a specific school I will be required to wear the uniform of that particular school. If I am serving in the Armed Forces of my country that surely I would have on the uniform of my country, not the enemy!
Why then do we often look like, sound like, and dress like the enemy (Satan)? Why do we choose the enemy's tactics over those of the "team" we claim to have joined?
Spiritually speaking, many times it is a challenge to recognize the other team members. They come many times dressed like us. They know our play book. They speak our special codes. They even hang out at our practices and get inside our team meetings. We as Christ followers have to do a better job of protecting our team mates and securing our "locker room safety"! We must study our play book well so we can recognize when someone has changed it. We must have our members' back when we go to battle. We must recognize our own and encourage and protect one another; daily putting into practice the things we learn. We must execute the game plan with accuracy. We must be sound on offense and defense. We must be a "team"!
We must protect this house!

No comments:

Your will, not mine God . . . true freedom

. . .whoever commits sin is a slave of sin . And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever . Therefore if the ...