Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Not Another Day . . .

But he (Job) said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God and shall we not accept adversity?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips." (Job 2:10)
Anytime I read from Job I am in awe! I am amazed how this man who had it all could in one day, lose it all and yet still praise God. (Job 1:21-22). In my weak flesh, I know I would complain at least a little . . . and I do! "Why me God?" "Why now?" "Why this?" We all seem to believe our problems are worse than everyone else's. . . . until we witness a tragedy first hand. I am reminded of the victims of Katrina that we have come to know personally in New Orleans. Many there have strengthened my faith as they tell the stories of devastating days and weeks, many still struggling over ten years later, yet holding onto faith in God. I say all this to remind us all that God is still in control. As we struggle through the ups and downs of life, hold on to this one thing . . . God is still God! Despite the challenges, the frustrations, and even the failures, hold on to God. It can never get worse than Job, yet he would not curse God. Many have come to faith by the example set by believers who have stood firm despite the struggles. God allows things for a reason . . . for His glory! Count it all joy! (James 1:2)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...