Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Heart Attacks

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart . . . These O God, You will not despise. (Psalm 51:17)
Many people do good things for a lot of people. Millions of dollars are donated throughout the world. Billions of man hours are given to help those in need. Countless items are given away to assist for disaster relief, to feed the hungry, and to rebuild homes and neighborhoods. These are all great and charitable deeds no doubt. However, God demands more . . . As David writes, God wants a broken heart . . . one who is repentant and convicted of sin. God desires a heart that agrees with Him and His standard of what is sin and what is not. He does not accept a compromising heart or an indifferent heart. While He realizes we are sinners and far short of His glory, He wants us to realize it too! There is only one way to be one with our Creator . . . through Christ and in agreement with His Word. We all are guilty of taking God for granted at times. We, for some reason, believe that God at times falls asleep or looks away. Yet He is still omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. He is STILL God! Lord, break my heart for You! Please accept my heart, fragile and disgusting as it is Lord, as my only sacrifice for You to use. Here I am . . . . would You use me?

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...