Friday, July 8, 2016

Unrest/Rest

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest in your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)
Tossing and turning all night wondering "what next?, "what is the best reaction?", and "what do I say to the kids?" Visions and dreams awakening me throughout the night. Finally he best I could do was simply discuss it with Jesus. As I searched and questioned, the simple and well known verses from Matthew came to mind. Really thoug, to Whom can we possible turn but Christ? It's easy to join various bandwagons, but in the case of our nation right now, CHRISTians need to do what we are called to do thought out Scriptures and that is to "come to Me" and not socio-cultural bandwagons.
We may not get all the answers, but we will get a sense of Peace and rest . . . It may sound cliche, but we were born for such a time as this! (Esther 4:14)

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...