Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Tell Someone!

I will remember the works of the Lord; surely I will remember Your wonders of old. I will also meditate on all Your work, and talk of Your deeds. Your way O God, is in the sanctuary; Who is so great a God as our God? You are the God Who does wonders; You have declared Your strength among the peoples. (Psalm 77:11-14)
As I look back from this point in my life, recalling the first days of Christ finally getting my attention some twenty-four years ago, it encourages me greatly. He led a friend to take my five year old daughter to a local VBS and she returned home almost giddy as she exclaimed, "Daddy, I am saved!" I thought she had fell into a pool or almost hit by a car or something tragic, yet when the minister explained the process of salvation and baptism, I was convinced I too needed this Jesus! Raised in a traditional denominational church my entire life, while exposed to the bible, I was never invited to accept Christ as my Lord and Savior. Oh, I knew He was God. I knew Jesus died upon the cross and rose from the dead. I was told to pray. However, I was never led into a PERSONAL relationship with the Lord and shown from the Scriptures how simple and clear it was to become a child of God secure for eternity! Once I read several verses from Romans, my eyes and heart were opened understand the love of Christ for ME!!!! God has only been more than faithful these past twenty four years! He has not only saved me and my family from an eternal hell, but has called us into full time ministry serving teens and families, providing our needs and desires and allowing us to participate in His Kingdom work, leading hundreds into a Personal and eternal relationship with Him as well. He has enabled us to share our home with more than thirty-five children in our almost twenty years of marriage and ministry. Thought I always had a passion for youth and teaching (coaching), I had no clue what God would do. Just look at God! Twenty-four years later, I can only say "Wow!" I can't even think about quitting, or even retiring. A life with Christ is not only rewarding now, but for an eternity. Even after recently burying my mom, I can have joy knowing she too accepted Christ at one point in her life. WHAT ABOUT YOU? If you are a bit confused, just ask me . . . I would be more than happy to introduce you personally to the one and only Savior Who so loved us all that He gave His life upon a rugged and bloody cross for each of us to spend eternity with Him. . . . But you gotta ASK!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...