Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Seeking God in the Middle of Sin

When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, into Your Holy Temple. (Jonah 2:7)
We all know the story of Jonah and the "whale". However, it is more than simply a "story". . . . It is an account of a man who ran from the will of God and found himself on the brink of death. When he has realized what he had done, he called upon that same God Whom he had ignored and that God, our God, rescued him from his sin. What a lesson for you and me! God hears us in the middle of our sin if we are willing to call upon Him in repentance and asked to be forgive. God has done this very thing for so many . . . Moses, Abraham, Jacaob, David, Peter, Saul/Paul . . . even you and me! God can pull us out of the stench of the belly of sin and place on clear fresh beaches of righteousness. He will wash away the poisons of guilt and shame and make our soul crystal clear and sparkling once again. Call upon Him today. Yes, in the middle of sin, call upon the God of second and hundreds of chances. He stands ready and willing to recuse us all!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...