Thursday, July 21, 2016

Do you know yourself?

Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you . . . unless indeed you are disqualified? (2 Corinthians 13:5-6)
Paul challenged the Corinthians just as boldly as he challenges us today: Do you know for yourself that you are indeed KNOW Christ? It's a simple questions: Are you a Christ-follower or a FAN of Christ? There are many fans who admire Jesus and enjoy being in His presence. Folks love His music and hearing Him speak. Much like we go to a concert, a game, of a movie, going to church activities brings us satisfaction, enjoyment, escape, and peace. Yet knowing Jesus is so much more . . .it is a personal and eternal relationship; one that changes the believer from the inside-out, not the outside-in! I remember following baseball as a five-year old. I made jerseys with my favorite player's name on it and wore it daily. I mimicked his actions and followed his every word and knew all his statistics. I put up pictures and sought his autograph, even meeting him personally. I pursued him! However, even though I still admire him, he retired, he is growing old, he will die one day and no longer be in my sight. Not so with Jesus! He is real. He walked the earth. He performed miracles. Yet people killed Him rather than praise Him. However, He did it all for me, not for the world to applaud Him or pay Him a great salary. He simply asks that we now decide to follow Him with our heart, not our eyes. He is not asking for lip service, but LIFE service! So I ask you: Do you live for His every word? Do you follow His every action? Do you pursue Him? Do you want to be like Him in every way? Do not simply applaud Jesus, accept Him by His standards!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...