Friday, July 1, 2016

AVAIL-ability . . . .

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you,, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
No matter how many times I am led to go on a mission trip, as the days draw near I become a bit apprehensive. Am I properly prepared? Have I properly prepared the team members? Have I packed properly? Do we have the proper materials needed to serve? Then I realize . . .
It's not about me!
This is God's work, not mine. The only ability I really need to use is my AVAIL-ability. No matter our plans and preparations, God is still in control. Things can and will happen along the way . . . even while on the trip. God forbid there will be no emergency or disaster, but only God knows. Planning is good. Praying is definitely the right thing to do. However, trusting God to work in and through us gives me peace.
Have your way Lord . . have Your way!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...