Saturday, June 4, 2016

Together . . .

....pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith. But the Lord is faithful.... (2 Thessalonians 3:1-3)
I have been both encouraged and discouraged by news and actions I have witnessed over the past few weeks. Young men and women whom I have discipled in the past have visited and shared their successes. Current students have graduated from various levels of education. Various news articles and social media posts too have cased a mixed bag of comments. While I have been encouraged by returning young adults who have thanked me and families who have expressed sincere appreciation for what the Lord has allowed me to pass on to their children, I cannot help but be grieved by the number of folks both in and out of the Body of Christ who continue to deny the very facts of Scripture and Christ. Many have fallen through the cracks of culture and bought into the politically correct gospel of this nation and world. Sadly, our nation and our churches are disintegrating right before our eyes and the enemy has blinded many . . . It's not about a culture, a race, a color, a political party, a specific church, my pastor, your pastor: it's about the One who came to set all mankind free . . . real freedom to be free from sin's grip! Free to believe the Truth and to be able to live it without worry about who accepts it or not. Jesus prayed that we all would be one as He and the Father are one (John 17) . . .in spirit, not in organizations, parties, associations, or denominations. So as I begin another summer and plan a mission trip and retreat with another handful of teens, I ask for your prayers that I do not waiver and that the Truth will set at least one more free . . . www.tsninthebeginning.blogspot.com

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...