Wednesday, June 22, 2016

One day . . .

O God, You are my God; Early I will seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for you in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. (Psalm 63:1-3)
For many, life here on earth is so good that they don't even think of an after life or any notion of eternity. While I do enjoy new things now and then, a great meal at a fine restaurant, and a relaxing getaway on the beach or at the mountains, like Paul, I am learning to be content wherever God might have me. I guess what I am saying is that if life gets so good and we have so much, what is there to yearn for? David writes of his desire to seek after God. He is in the wilderness of Judah. He is out of his comfort zone, if you will. One thing he does know however, God is there! So even in a dry and barren land, he seeks after the Lord. When things are challenging, he knows of Whom to turn. God's simple kindness . . . His peace . . . His grace . . . is better than life itself! Paul would offer that to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:21) While we enjoy the finer things that God allows in our lives, life with Him is better than anything. If we could only get a glimpse of His glory how much value would we then place on the worldly things? When folks tell of their "things" they have gathered in life and of the places they have been or the people they have met, I ponder walking upon streets of gold, strolling next to that river flowing like crystal, and being in the presence of THE King of Glory. To be honest, it is what many times keeps me going!!!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...