Monday, June 20, 2016

A Father's Look Back

Counsel is Mine, and sound wisdom; I am understanding, I have strength . . .i love those who love Me, and those who seek me diligently will find Me. (Proverbs 8:14,17)
After a wonderful Father's Day weekend, I am resigned to the fact that all I am, all I have, and all I ever could attain is because of God. As I look back over my life, as well as look into the future, it has been God all along! Even when I simply gave Him lip service in my youth, not really knowing Him, but thinking I did, He still was there protecting me and guiding me to where I am today! I thank Him for the day I finally allowed Him into my life. What a change! Nearly twenty-four years ago I asked the Lord to wash me of sin by His blood sacrifice and He is still cleansing me to this day! I am so foul in His sight yet He saw fit to save me. He thought I was worth it. He has not only changed me, but the entire direction of my life and my family's direction. I thought I knew "me" and my plans, yet God knew better. I don't look at the past as wasted years, but rather years of preparation and pruning, so I could see what He saw in me. Even today, the pruning continues and the vision is still being refocused day by day. While some may not like it or even despise it, I can only say "Thank You Lord for saving me; for picking me out of the 'muck' and placing me into Your plan!" Literally, I know I would be dead had He not challenged me back then. I am convinced there is only one way to know God and to possibly please Him. There is only one way to be with Him for eternity. It is only through the sacrifice of Jesus upon the cross and His resurrection power over sin and death! Do YOU know Him? Even more so, does He know YOU? It only comes by faith and that faith is in a person, namely Jesus Christ!
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...