Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Grateful to God

Let my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as the dew, as raindrops on the tender herb, and as showers on the grass. For I proclaim the name of the Lord: Ascribe greatness to our God. (Deuteronomy 32:2-3)
. . .in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you. (Titus 2:7-8)
Can the blind lead the blind? Will they both not fall into the ditch? A disciple is NOT above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. (Luke 6:39-40)
My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. (James 3:1)
Challenging words for those who teach, mentor, or otherwise guide our young people. It is a wonderful privilege but one with great responsibility and accountability. It is not simply a job, but rather a calling, a gifting, and a passion. God takes our young people seriously, in fact so seriously that we would better off dead than to lead a little one astray. (Luke 17:2, Matthew 18:6, Mark 9:42) I love what God has done for me and where He has me. However, I take it seriously because it has eternal consequences. Happy Teacher Appreciation Day to all who guide these, His little ones! www.tsninthebeginning.blogspot.com

No comments:

I saw God!

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord Himself, is my strength and my defense; He has become my salv...