Monday, May 30, 2016

A Vivid Memorial

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no man than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. (John 15:12-14)
Memorial Day 2016. . . . As I remember and honor all those who put their lives on the line for their "friends" in this country, I simply have to say "thank you"! I cannot imagine being sent to a foreign land with a mission to destroy an enemy I do not even know, yet I must to protect my own family and nation. Facing death every day with the the hope that my sacrifice would be worth it and that some way I would return to those for whom I was fighting. And to think, many of our own citizens think war is not an option. Tell that to our God, who sent His people into battle time after time to wipe out evil! As I ponder the sacrifice of my father, father in law, son, and many other friends and relatives, I am also reminded of my Savior, who paid the ultimate sacrifice; dying for those who at times were His enemies.(Romans 5:8) I cannot imagine giving up a perfect heavenly abode for this sin-sick world, yet Jesus did it! He did because it was necessary. There needed to be a perfect blood sacrifice for our wretched sin. Dying for family and friends is one thing, but dying for those who hate you. . . . . Thank God for my Savior, for without Him I would have no future. Thank God for the sacrifice of our soldiers, for without them we would not have the freedoms to worship the God we serve!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...