Monday, April 11, 2016

Do It Yourselfers . . . With a Whole Lot of Help!

One who is faithful in very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much. (Luke 16:10)
God granted us a home back in 1999 that was just perfect for our family. We never dreamed of having such a roomy home where the kids could have their own bedrooms, a spacious yard, and space to enjoy. As we committed to the Lord, He then called us away from our jobs into mission work locally with teens and families. We were obedient and resigned our "good government jobs" and entered into the Lord's employment. Through ups and downs of the economy, we found finances to be a struggle and trusted God to provide and He did. We were able to be employed as teachers/instructors at local CHRISTian schools and still serve the teens in ministry! Yet as we enjoyed our home, we realized quickly that homes do not repair themselves! So with my bride's encouragement and the aid of fellow believers, we received great advice and training to become a DIY family! I fought this new found lifestyle, but several mission trips later, I actually learned skills that became valuable to the family. I have to admit, my bride was a big "encouragement " too! However, as I look back I can actually experience the blessings of God as I have made feeble efforts to repair sinks, sump pumps, water filters, small car repairs, painting, and fence repairs. God is good and He is a rewarder of diligence! I say all that to ask for prayer as we enter our Spring Break . . . a week of DIY! I thank God for my bride, my sons, and those who have trained us up in DIY. I also thank God for those who allowed us opportunities to labor beside them in CHRISTian ministry. I love the Body of Christ and how it works. There is only ONE LORD . . .ONE FAITH . . . ONE baptism . . .ONE FATHER. . . . ONE BODY! Praise HIM!!!!!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...