Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Growing Faith . . .

In You O Lord I out my trust; let me never be put to shame. Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape; incline Your ear to me and save me. Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually . . .for You are my Rock and my Fortress. (Psalm 71:1-3) Trust in the Lord, like with any relationship, builds over time. The more we trust Him and lean upon Him, the stronger the bond becomes and the more confidence we gain in knowing He will be there for us. It's not easy, especially today when everyone desires instant gratification in all areas of life. For the sold-out believer, living in this day and age, having a strong faith and trust in God is vital. As we observe so many prospering and yet so many in need, we often wonder "why?" So many in the faith struggle but others seem to be able to "have it all". I must remember, what God has for me is just for me! If I struggle, then I must struggle with God and not against Him. If I prosper, than I thank Him for supplying my needs and desires. I must admit, I am still growing in faith and trust in God. It is a process. I often ask Him "why". He lets me know that when others prosper, it is not always God. When folks are struggling it is not always Satan either. He lets me know that His grace is always sufficient! (2 Corinthians 12:9)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...